Are you ready for it?…Are you sure you’re ready?…..I hope you’ve prepared yourself. Here it is:
As I sit around waiting very impatiently for the servers to come back up, I’m going to say some stuff about the patch. Call it a not-so-in-depth collection of thoughts and comments, if you will. I’m only going to talk about the parts of the patch that pertain to me and my army of toons. I just don’t play some classes well so I don’t bother with the stuff that I know nothing about. If you don’t want to read my opinions and want the actual patch facts, check it out here.
*~Of course, you won’t be able to see the page until Blizzard is done with it. Mwahahahaha!~*
More blog after the break…..
Rise of the Zandalari
The days when great troll empires stretched across ancient Kalimdor are long past. Millennia of war and internal strife have stripped these nations of their power, lands, and glory. As Azeroth recovers from the destruction of the Cataclysm, the world’s divided troll populations face a bleak future. These dark times have spurred the trolls of the Zandalar, the historically wise and scholarly tribe from which all trolls originated, to take drastic action. They have embarked on a bold crusade to save their race by uniting trolls into a single mighty empire. With the Zandalari’s aid, the fallen capitals of the Gurubashi and Amani nations-Zul’Gurub and Zul’Aman-are already rebuilding, replenishing their forces for a bloody campaign to expand their territories.
Yet Vol’jin and his Darkspear trolls are not aligned with the Zandalari. They have sworn to stand with their Horde comrades-and even work with the Alliance-should the trolls ignite a new war on Azeroth. Soon, Vol’jin might be forced to act on his promise, for if the Gurubashi and Amani are left to their own devices, the world will know the legendary strength and savagery of the ancient troll empires once again.
*~This right here is awesome! It’s about time this storyline was picked back up again. Now we get to see what happens when you offend the Darkspear and the Horde. Stay away from da voodoo, mon!~*
Guild Finder is a new system designed to enable easier and faster guild recruitment. Guild leaders and players who are looking for a guild to call home will use the Guild Finder to meet one another and begin communications that can lead to a prosperous membership. Whether you’re a guild leader looking to fill your ranks or a player looking for a guild that meets your strictest requirements, the Guild Finder provides an easy way to make new friends!
*~I’ll hopefully be able to utilize this system. I’m thinking that it’s a better idea to have all my toons in the same guild and while the guild I have now for 2 of my toons is pretty amazing, I’m unable to have more than 2 toons in it at once. How lame is that? Maybe I can find an awesome guild that will let me have all my toons in it! ^_^~*
Dungeon Finder: Call to Arms
A new system intended to lower queue times, Dungeon Finder: Call to Arms offers additional rewards for queuing as the currently least represented role. To be eligible for the additional rewards you must solo queue for a random level-85 Heroic in the role that is currently being Called to Arms, and complete the dungeon by killing the final boss. Every time you hit these requirements (there is no daily limit) you’ll receive a goodie bag that will contain some gold, a chance at a rare gem, a chance at a flask/potion, a good chance of receiving a non-combat pet (including cross faction pets), and a very rare chance at receiving a mount.
- Conquest Points are now purchasable from the Valor Quartermasters at 250 Conquest Points per 250 Valor Points.
- Honor Points are now purchasable from the Justice Trade Goods vendors at 250 Honor Points per 375 Justice Points.
- Justice Points are now purchasable from the Honor Trade Goods vendors at 250 Justice Points per 375 Honor Points.
- Resilience scaling has been modified for linear returns, as opposed to increasing returns. Under the new formula, going from 30 resilience to 40 resilience gives players the same increase to survivability as going from 0 to 10. Resilience now scales in the same way armor and magic resistances do. A player with 32.5% damage reduction from resilience in 4.0.6 should see their damage reduction unchanged in 4.1. Those with less than 32.5% will gain slightly. Those with more will lose some damage reduction, increasingly so as their resilience climbs.
- A dead player can now be resurrected by targeting them using the Party or Raid Frame even if they have released. No more hunting for corpses.
*~ The only thing I have to say about this whole wall of text: Finally. No more hunting for corpses. It really sucks trying to find corpses after a raid wipe. People do all kinds of weird stuff and get into weird places to die. Always.~*
- All non-damaging interrupts off the global cooldown will now always hit the target. This includes Pummel, Kick, Mind Freeze, Rebuke, Skull Bash, Counterspell, Wind Shear, Solar Beam, Silencing Shot, and related player pet abilities.
- Several persistent ground effects now display different visuals for hostile and friendly players. The following spells have the same visual effects for friendly players, but new alternate visuals for hostile players: Ring of Frost, Consecration, Desecration, Wild Mushroom, Flare, Ice Trap, Power Word: Barrier, Smoke Bomb, and Hand of Gul’dan. As a general rule, the alternate effects have a red tint or hue indicating they are created by an enemy player.
*~About damn time. So many times have I hit Counterspell, Rebuke, or Skull Bash and it failed. Awesome!~*
- Lacerate bonus threat has been removed and replaced with increased initial damage done.
- Efflorescence has a new spell effect.
- Enrage no longer increases physical damage taken.
- Lifebloom’s bloom effect has been reduced by 20%.
- Prowl has a new icon.
- Savage Defense has been redesigned slightly. Instead of a single charge absorption, it now places an absorption effect on the druid absorbing up to 35% of the druid’s attack power (modified by mastery, if applicable) in damage and lasting 10 seconds. There are no longer any charges on the effect.
- Stampeding Roar’s duration has been increased to 8 seconds, up from 6. The movement speed effect has been increased to 60%, up from 40% and is no longer cancelled by cancelling shapeshift form.
- Swipe (Bear) cooldown has been reduced to 3 seconds, down from 6, and is now on trainable at level 18 (training cost has been reduced). In addition, the bonus threat from this ability has been removed and replaced with increased damage done.
- Swipe (Cat) damage has been doubled.
- Thrash bonus threat has been removed and replaced with increased damage done.
- Druids now innately have 100% pushback protection from damage while channeling Tranquility.
- Talent Specializations
- Starsurge damage has been reduced by 20%.
- Solar Beam is now more responsive when enemies move into or out of it.
- Berserk is no longer on the global cooldown.
- Feral Swiftness now also causes Dash and Stampeding Roar to have a 50/100% chance to instantly remove all movement impairing effects from the affected targets when used.
- Gift of Nature (passive) also reduces Tranquility’s cooldown by 2.5/5 minutes.
- Efflorescence has been redesigned. It creates a healing zone at the feet of a Swiftmend target, but this healing zone now restores health equal to 4/8/12% of the amount healed by Swiftmend to the three most injured targets within 8 yards, every 1 second for 7 seconds. This periodic effect now also benefits from spell haste, but the individual ticks cannot be critical effects. In addition, Living Seed is no longer a prerequisite talent for Efflorescence.
- Malfurion’s Gift now reduces the cooldown of Tranquility by 2.5/5 minutes.
- Nature’s Swiftness now also increases the healing done by the affected nature spell by 50%.
- Glyph of Rake is now Glyph of Pounce, which increases the range of Pounce by 3 yards.
- Druid Bug Fixes
- The troll druid models for Flight Form and Swift Flight Form has slimmed down to be more in scale with other druid flight forms.
- Druids should no longer have UI issues after leaving a vehicle.
*~Looks like it’s going to be a lot easier for me to finally decide what specs I’m going to decide on ;-) ~*
- Deterrence no longer requires a melee weapon to be equipped.
- Explosive Trap now has a new spell effect.
- Master’s Call now has a new spell effect.
- Multi-Shot damage has been increased by 250%.
- Tame Beast now tames pets to match the hunter’s level, rather than 3 levels below.
- The Feed Pet ability now instantly heals 50% of the pet’s health. Cannot be used in combat. Requires diet-appropriate food.
- The Happiness/Pet Loyalty System has been removed. Hunters will no longer have to manage Happiness for their pets, and the previous damage bonus for pets being happy will now be baseline for all tamed pets.
- Bloodthirsty no longer generates Happiness.
- Carrion Feeder no longer restores Happiness.
- Guard Dog no longer causes Growl to generate additional Happiness.
- Summoned pets now start with 100 focus, up from 0.
- Glyph of Mend Pet is now Glyph of Lesser Proportion, which decreases the size of the pet slightly.
- Hunter Bug Fixes
- Hunters will no longer automatically acquire a new target if the current target dies in the middle of a cast.
- Aimed Shot and Steady Shot should no longer start casting Auto Shot on a new target when the “Stop Auto Attack” option enabled.
- Auto Shot now automatically turns off until reactivated once Freezing Trap is cast on an enemy player.
- Deterrence: The area damage of the paladin ability Hammer of the Righteous will no longer hit hunters with Deterrence active.
- Distracting Shot and Multi-Shot are now properly 40-yard range.
- Intervene (Tenacity pet ability) range has been increased so that the pet will properly intercept attacks.
- Multi-Shot now properly has a 1-second global cooldown.
- Scatter Shot’s disorient effect should no longer sometimes be broken by the hunter’s Auto Shot.
*~ First of all, w00t! Second, if I see a pet that I want to tame and don’t want to have to bother to level it, I don’t have to! No more running into heroics with fail DPS waiting for my pet to level up! You don’t know how many times that I’ve accidentally pulled a mob because I somehow managed to auto-acquire a new target. It’s a hunter thing I guess, but not anymore! It’s going to be interesting to not have to worry about pet happiness. BTW…I will NOT be getting the pet shrinking glyph. I like my pets big. I really think I’m going to enjoy the increase to multishots’ damage. I don’t really use it for anything other than spreading my serpent sting, but I’ll still enjoy it. Thanks Blizz! =D ~*
- Arcane Blast cast time has been reduced to 2.0 seconds, down from 2.35 seconds. In addition, the stacking effect of Arcane Blast now increases the damage done by Arcane Explosion, and Arcane Explosion does not consume that effect.
- Arcane Explosion damage has been increased by 30%.
- Arcane Missiles damage has been increased by 13%.
- Blizzard damage has been increased by 70%.
- Frost Armor has been reworked:
- It now reduces physical damage taken by 15%, instead of providing 20% additional armor.
- The Chilled proc from Frost Armor can no longer proc Fingers of Frost.
- The attack speed slow from the Chilled proc is now 20%, down from 25%, but it also affects ranged attack speed.
- Frost Armor also no longer increases Frost resistance.
- Frostbolt damage has been increased by 10%.
- Talent Specializations
- Arcane Barrage damage has been increased by 13%.
- Improved Arcane Explosion now also reduces the mana cost of Arcane Explosion by 25/50%.
- Combustion no longer has a global cooldown.
- Ignite is no longer triggered from periodic critical effects.
- Fingers of Frost bonus damage applied to Ice Lance has been increased to 25%, up from 15%.
- Ice Barrier base damage value has been increased by approximately 120%. In addition, the benefit from spell power has been increased by approximately 8%.
- The root effect from Shattered Barrier now shares diminishing returns with the root from Improved Cone of Cold.
- Glyph of Frost Armor (new glyph): Frost Armor also causes the mage to regenerate 2% of maximum mana every 5 seconds.
*~You wanna know what I got from that particular wall of text? Mages = ExtraOP now. AWESOME! ~*
- Righteous Fury now persists through death.
- Word of Glory now has a 20-second cooldown.
- Talent Specializations
- Aura Mastery: This ability no longer increases the benefit granted by Crusader Aura.
- Illuminated Healing shield duration is now 15 seconds, up from 8 seconds. In addition, Illuminated Healing has been increased to provide 1.5% effect per mastery, up from 1.25%.
- Walk in the Light (passive) removes the cooldown of Word of Glory.
- Divine Guardian cooldown is now 3 minutes, up from 2.
- Grand Crusader will now generate a charge of Holy Power if the Avenger Shield it procs is used within 6 seconds.
- Sacred Duty can now be activated by Avenger’s Shield in addition to Judgements. The effect now lasts 10 seconds, down from 15.
- Divine Storm now generates 1 point of Holy Power if it hits (i.e. successfully lands on) 4 or more targets.
- Sacred Shield’s internal cooldown has been increased to 60 seconds, up from 30.
- Paladin Bug Fixes
- Avenger’s Shield can no longer be blocked.
- Judgements of the Just debuff can no longer trigger talents and other effects.
- Seal of Truth: Fixed a tooltip error that stated swings at targets with Censure fully stacked dealt 9% weapon damage. They actually dealt 15% damage and the tooltip has been updated accordingly.
- Talent Specializations
*~Does this mean it’s the end of the pally tanks not having RF on? We shall see. We shall also see if these changes help my holy spec. If not, no big loss. I’ll just pout and go play one of my other toons.~*
- Divine Aegis duration has been increased to 15 seconds, up from 12.
- Dispel Magic can only be used on the casting priest as a baseline effect.
- Priests now innately have 100% pushback protection from damage while channeling Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope.
- Holy Fire damage has been increased to be approximately 30% higher than Smite.
- Inner Will and Inner Fire now last until canceled.
- Mind Sear damage has been doubled.
- Power Word: Shield duration has been reduced to 15 seconds, down from 30.
- Talent Specializations
- Absolution (new passive) enables priests to use Dispel Magic on up to 2 harmful effects on friendly targets.
- Atonement now works with Holy Fire in addition to Smite.
- The direct damage portion of Holy Fire can now trigger Evangelism.
- Power Word: Barrier’s cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes, up from 2, and its effect has been reduced to 25%, down from 30%.
- It is now possible to remove Weakened Soul effects that were a result of another priest’s Power Word: Shield through Strength of Soul.
- Chakra now lasts until canceled, up from 1 minute.
- Holy Word: Sanctuary healing done has been increased by 35%. In addition, it has a new spell effect.
- Surge of Light can now also trigger from Binding Heal.
- Glyph of Divine Accuracy now also affects Holy Fire in addition to Smite.
- Priest Bug Fixes
- Surge of Light is now being applied to Smite at rank 1.
*~Not really a whole lot to say about this one. I guess it’s good that Inner Fire doesn’t have to be recasted. Since there’s that stacking buff thing going on, I forget to see if I have it on. It does help. A little.~*
Dungeons & Raids
- Rise of the Zandalari
- Zul’Aman is now a level-85 5-player Heroic dungeon. Players with a minimum average item level of 346 or higher can access this dungeon via the Dungeon Finder.
- Zul’Gurub is now a level-85 5-player Heroic dungeon. Players with a minimum average item level of 346 or higher can access this dungeon via the Dungeon Finder.
- Both Zul’Gurub and Zul’Aman exist in a separate tier in the Dungeon Finder above the current level-85 Heroic dungeons. Players can randomly queue for either dungeon by selecting the Rise of the Zandalari setting.
*~ I’m excited about the new dungeons. Who isn’t?~*
- All major cities will now have every type of profession trainer and their associated trade supply vendors.
- New Cooking and Fishing Dailies have been added to Darnassus, Ironforge, Thunder Bluff, and Undercity.
- Flask of Steelskin now grants 450 Stamina, up from 300. The Mixology bonus for alchemists remains at 120 Stamina.
- Seven new rare items have been added.
- Players now have a much smaller chance of getting a dig site for a race for which they have completed all rare finds.
*~Yay! New cooking and fishing dailies AND new stuff to dig up with archaeology! (If I ever get the boring tradeskill done in the first place. LOL)~*
Well, I guess that’s all I really have to say about the patch. Other than I wish it would hurry up and get itself applied so the servers come back up. Hopefully without any hitches…..Who am I kidding?